Life with braces… it’s a different ball game! Your teeth may occasionally hurt from time to time, and you need to use wax to relieve the discomfort. Your diet choices are usually different too. For example, you shouldn’t eat popcorn, but you can eat ice cream. No matter the changes required, the end goal of your treatment is a beautiful and healthy smile.
If you are about to get braces, here are some helpful tips and tricks you’ll get to know along the way.
1. Your best friend after an appointment at the orthodontist is LIP BALM! Your mouth will be open for a duration of time and can get dry.
2. Your braces aren’t as noticeable as you think. Smile and don’t be self-conscious!
3. Wax will be your lifesaver! It will help with a loose, poking wire or any other discomfort you may experience with your braces.
4. Sometimes you’ll forget that you have braces. They’ll feel different in your mouth at first, but before you know it, you’ll be used to them.
5. All of the hard work will be worth it for your new smile!
At True North Orthodontics in Calgary, we are here to help make your treatment as comfortable as possible. Ask us any questions! We look forward to helping you achieve your new smile.